DVA GOLD CARD HOLDERS
We can arrange transport for holders of a DVA Gold Card as long as we are notified at the time of making your appointment. Please note that we cannot ask for the taxi to collect you at a specific time as the Department of Veterans’ Affairs arranges the transport via the taxi provider contracted for the service.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A list of any information about your medical history, any significant health problems or previous operations.
- A list of all your medications including eye drops, injections or tablets.
- A list of any allergies to any medication
- A list of relevant family history
- Your referral
It is essential you bring your referral with you on the day. Without a referral you will not be able to claim your refund from Medicare for any of the fees you are charged. Please note that a referral from another Ophthalmologist is valid only for three months and if you require an appointment after the expiry date of your referral you will need to obtain a new referral, preferably from either your GP or an Optometrist. These referrals are valid for twelve months.
FEES AND CHARGES
Initial Consultation (Item 104) – $190.00
Pensioner – $150.00
Child to 15 years (Item 109) $200.00
Review Consultation (Item 105) – $95.00
Pensioner* – $90.00
(Item 111) – $95.00
- All accounts are required to be paid on the day of consultation.
- As part of your appointment, diagnostic tests and minor procedures may be required by your Ophthalmologist. These extra services will offer you immediate treatment and management of your condition. Fees will be charged for the additional services and we will endeavour to inform you of these on the day.
- Discounts for services may be offered if you hold a current Commonwealth Pension Card or at the discretion of the Ophthalmologists. This is not a bulk billing practice.
- If surgery is proposed, full estimation of cost and details will be provided to you.
- Please allow 90 minutes for your appointment. In some cases you may need extra time if further diagnostic tests or minor procedures are performed on the same day.
- We recommend you have a driver/carer with you as your vision may be blurred from the dilating eye drops.
We accept Cash, Cheque, EFTPOS/credit cards – including AMEX.